30 MINUTES $55
45 MINUTES $80
60 MINUTES $105
Aches and pains can be a part of daily life, but when you are no longer able to manage it on your own, the team at Comox Valley Therapeutic Massage Center is here to help. Our highly-trained registered massage therapists focus on treating muscle, joint and movement dysfunction, and can give you expert advice.
The Massage Therapists Association of BC logo is your guarantee that you are getting qualified health care. BC's RMTs are trained to evaluate individual health needs, and provide active and passive techniques for complete patient care.
We are accepting new patients, so give us a call to book an appointment or book online!
*Gift certificates available
Time includes: administration, assessment, treatment, exercise and home care instruction.
Some of the most common conditions that massage therapy is effective for are:
Neck and shoulder pain
Whiplash Associated Disorders
Low back pain
Post Surgical recovery
Pregnancy and post natal related conditions
Sports related injuries
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. Book your appointment with a Registered Massage Therapist RMT. An RMT in British Columbia is a health professional recognized under and regulated by BC’s Health Professions Act. Applicants for registration with CMTBC have completed post-secondary education in clinical applications of health sciences in massage therapy settings, and must meet CMTBC’s rigorous entry-level requirements. All RMTs in BC are required to complete continuing education and quality assurance education regularly as well as be certified in Standard First Aid and CPR-C and undergo regular Criminal Record Checks.
2. Arrive 10-15 minutes early for your first appointment to fill in a confidential patient history form and consent form as well as any additional insurance/billing forms necessary.
3. Women are advised to bring a sports bra and shorts and men can bring shorts. Massage Therapy is often most effective if the RMT can access the skin directly in the area being worked on but are all skilled at working through or around clothing where necessary. It is all about patient comfort. The area being worked on will be uncovered but privacy will be maintained by draping with a sheet.
4. Treatment goals and plan will be discussed and you will consent to what is agreed upon in that discussion with your RMT. You are encouraged to ask any questions throughout this discussion as well as during and after treatment.
5. Your RMT will leave the room unless you require assistance getting on the table, and will knock before returning. The RMT will undrape the area(s) to be worked on and re-drape when done treating that area.
6.The depth of treatment is determined by the therapist’s palpation, therapeutic judgement and experience, and your comfort level. It is very important and encouraged that you communicate with you therapist about the depth of treatment and your level of comfort. You are able to stop or adjust the treatment at any point in time.
7. After treatment is completed the therapist will leave the room, unless you require assistance to get off the table, and you will have an opportunity after the treatment to discuss any response to treatment and together with the RMT determine the next appropriate time to continue treatment if you wish.
8. Payment is generally completed at this time and the next appointment booked if required.
9. You are welcome to call and ask questions anytime after your appointment if you have any concerns.
When cancelling an appointment please call 250 339 9912.
*It’s important to note that you cannot cancel your booked appt. online.
We require 24 hours notice for a cancellation or the full cost of the treatment booked is due.
We understand that life happens so if you need to cancel with less than 24 hours notice please call us, we usually have a waiting list and if we can fill the appointment you will not be charged, if we can’t fill it half the cost of treatment is due.
We will not bill your insurer for missed appointments and your receipt will state that the fee was for a missed appointment.
Payment methods include: cash, cheque, debit, visa, mastercard
*All fees include GST
MSP If you qualify for premium assistance we bill MSP directly for $23 and you are responsible for the balance. A receipt for this portion will be provided.
Extended Health Providers (Insurers)
Here are some of the insurers that we can direct bill: Pacific Blue Cross, Manulife, Sunlife, Great West Life, Greenshield (check your individual plan to be sure)
Patients are responsible for the balance that is not paid by insurers.
For those RMTs that do not direct bill to insurers the patient pays the full amount and receives a receipt to submit to their insurer themselves.
RCMP Employees can use some of their discretionary spending allotment toward massage therapy. A doctor’s referral is required every 12 months and we can bill directly for the entirety of the services provided.
DVA Veterans are entitled to 15 visits a year with a doctor’s referral required every 12 months and we can bill directly for the entirety of the services provided.
ICBC As of April 1, 2019 we will be able to bill ICBC directly for 45 minute treatments with a doctor’s referral, details will be forthcoming.
BOOK AN APPT.
Use our booking app to book online! You’ll need to create an account and login. It’s quick and easy!